Monday, March 9, 2009

Tips & Tricks

1. Most grocery items run on sale on a 12 week schedule
2. Combine store sales with coupons. For example, Starkist Tuna on sale for 10 for 10. You have a coupon for 50 cents. The store doubles the 50 cent coupon so you get the product for FREE.
3. If an item is on sale for 3 items for $5.00. You do not have to purchase all three items to receive the discount. For example, Cereal is on sale for 3/$5. You have two coupons for 50 cents off. You purchase two boxes of cereal - using your two coupons that are then doubled.
4. Buy one, get one free. Here is a good example of a sale I found this week. Crystal Lite was on sale, buy two, get two free. Regular price of $4.50 each. I found a coupon online for .75 cents off. I printed four coupons. The store then doubled the coupon, saving me $1.50 on each can. So my final cost was $3 for all four cans.
5. Remember to stock pile items that are on deep discount or FREE.
6. I use Walgreens to get free items, such as lotion or lip gloss and make gift baskets for teachers, etc.

No comments: